Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Welcome to Antonio Garavayo Dinelli

Since I gave a wonderful tour of my workout facilities in Spain, I thought I would continue and show you all what my school looks like. Enjoy the photo tour!

Welcome to Antonio Garavyo Dinelli


Here is the front entry-way looking out and looking in- yes there is a fence around the entire school and a locked gate. Do I have keys? No. Someone has to buzz me in every day. And why the fence? I was told by my co-worker today that a child once escaped and now to combat that issue, there is a huge, prison-like fence.




Here is where you go to see the secretary - it also looks like she is imprisoned!


What I refer to as a big waste of space right as you enter the school


Here is looking down the main hallway (this is the 1st floor here in Spain but they start from 0 and to us it would be the second floor).



A Spanish classroom



The smart board (the board that I wrote about in a previous post and was so excited that each room has these - they are so useful)



Here is one of my favorite pictures - this is the "teacher's lounge" and everyday at 11:30, the children have recreo (recess) for 1/2 hour. What do the teachers do? They all gather here and have coffee, cookies, cakes, toast, pate....you name it, they eat it at this hour. It's so entertaining!


And lastly, here is the gaggle of parents waiting to pick their children up at 2pm!



Well, I hope you all enjoyed the tour - and I think as you all can tell - I have entirely too much free time on my hands! Anyone out there know of anyone who needs some work done around Motril, Spain?!?! :-)

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Well, it looks like you live in paradise. Is it as arid as Arizona?
I'll sign up to walk your gym route.

Unknown said...

OMG!!! did you see they wrote MEG on their blackboard? ... IT'S SOOO CUTE!!! lol