Monday, November 1, 2010

Culinary Adventures Cont...

So, remember how I was all excited about the cooking that I had been doing for the roommates? Well, there are just those days when you don’t really feel like making food or you simply have nothing in the house to make. What do you do? You order pizza. Tad, Michael Lynn and I had a brilliant idea to call and order pizza this afternoon for lunch. We gathered all the coupons/fliers we have collected from our mailbox and got to making a decision from which place to order. Our options were Telepizza, Telehorno, or some other place that I don’t even know if it has a name. This nameless place advertised specials for pizzas on Monday so we decided to go with the cheaper option and forgo choosing the places that we had previously heard of (Telepizza and Telehorno). Michael Lynn made the call but then could not understand what the guy was saying so she passed the phone to me. Everything was going great until he told me that he couldn’t hear me (my phone is really horrible) and while trying to put him on speakerphone so he could hear me better, he hung up on me! I got hung up on by the pizza guy!! After gathering confidence and making the call with my phone on speakerphone, we called back and he immediately knew it was us again (I have no idea how?!?! – that’s a joke) and we got things squared away. It took a while for the pizza to get here and when I met the guy at the door to pick it up, I was pleasantly surprised to know that we didn’t get any great “Monday deal” on our pizza and paid the full price for our pizza. Oh well. So I took it upstairs and opened up our half Hawaiian/half cheese pizza to see something that resembled a pizza but that had been sitting out for days. It looked quite like a plastic pizza.
Take a look for yourself


We were all a little skeptical but Tad cut it for us and we dug in……….well, not really. Upon further inspection of the pizza, Michael Lynn was not too excited to find a shiny, silvery substance that reminded us of fish scales. You also have to keep in mind that it was a 4 quesos (4 cheese) pizza and so we also considered the possibility of this being some kind of moldy cheese – haha. I took one bite and it was disgusting. Michael Lynn, expert food investigator that she is, then encountered a meat-looking substance that we were quite unable to identify.
Can you help us figure out what it is?



Here is the damage Michael Lynn and I did without really eating anything


Needless to say, I don’t think we’ll be ordering pizza from the unidentified company again.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Looks like an escargot...
Gross!!!!

Unknown said...

Ick. Reminds me of the time Laura and I were in the Dominican Republic eating what they said was a vegetarian dish and found bones in it.