Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A random post that wasn't functioning when I tried to post it before....

So I wrote this a while ago (obviously) and had troubles with blogspot and uploading photos so I will post it and there won't be pictures but maybe I can get it to work soon.

Monday September 27, 2010 – 2:45 pm – Spain
So, I have finally made it to Seville for my orientation and am enjoying some free WiFi from the hotel (although it’s pretty spotty and my connection keeps cutting out while trying to talk to people). Pilar came with me to the bus station this morning and helped me with all of my luggage. She is so kind. I have been told by both she and her daughter that I can come and stay at their respective houses in Granada anytime I want.
The rest of this post is going to be pretty random. Just thoughts and things I have done the past couple of days.

Here is a picture I took of a sign hanging on a wall in Granada – there is a huelga general or “general strike” on Wednesday the 29th of September. I have been trying to catch what it’s all about on the news but I can only catch about 60% of what they say (Spaniards talk so dang fast)…..but when I saw this sign it made more sense.
It says, “Against Capitalism – their crisis, their solutions, their laws, their labor reforms, their values, their wars, their political parties, and their methods of communication” Interesting.


Yesterday, Pilar’s youngest daughter invited me to go to a small town with her family and the rest of the sisters. There was a group of about 15 of us (including husbands, boyfriends, children etc…). There was some sort of festival going on and we ended up going to two “bodegas.” However, in the US, I would consider them beer tents! We had beer, wine and tapas and just had a very fun day. Later, there was a parade in Granada and I went out with Paco and Pilar and two of their friends (and drank more…..). I thought it was going to be a relaxing day but it ended up being a fun/drinking kind of day and I was exhausted by the end.

No comments: