Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Moving Day!

Since I have a few extra minutes before I leave for the airport, I thought I'd begin my blogging adventure from the comfort of my own home. All my bags are packed and let me tell you about the adventure my father and I had this morning which caused the neighbors to come outside and stare. Dad was concerned about me lugging around two suitcases (combined weight = 100 lbs) in addition to my carry-on. So he rigged a system (aka a bungee cord) which would link my two suitcases together and thus leave me with a free hand to open doors and to make me a self-sufficient traveler. He even walked around the driveway demonstrating it's capability to make swift turns and maneuvers. It was quite the sight to see and we laughed that the neighbors were probably watching out their window. Well, upon further inspection, I realized that suitcase manufacturers pay people millions of dollars to figure out contraptions to avoid having people make their own redneck straps. There are indeed straps that allow one to hook suitcases together making travel easier for individuals. So, again we strapped them together with our newly found discovery and mom had come out at this point with her camera. Needless to say we were all amazed and took a turn "driving" the suitcases around the driveway........that's when the neighbors came out and requested a turn with the suitcases! I guess we just all needed a good laugh this morning!
I want to thank everyone for their love and encouragement as I am about to embark upon this new life adventure (and this time I promise I'm actually moving to Spain and won't move back in a week ;-) Like I always say, I'll try to be good at updating my blog but I know that the first couple of weeks my internet accessibility will be spotty and so I'll do my best.
Love to all,
Em

Here are some pictures for your entertainment




1 comment:

Unknown said...

This made me laugh out loud! :) Hope your flights went well!