Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Life in 2010



So, since the last time I have written, some things have changed. For one, I graduated from the University of Michigan School of Kinesiology with a BS in Movement Science and a Spanish minor. My parents were there for my graduation and Jeff Daniels was the speaker (yes, he brought up the toilet scene from Dumb and Dumber and the audience was thoroughly amused). Our family had a great Christmas. I was so happy that my soon-to-be sister (in-law but who needs to mention that) was able to celebrate with us. Andrea and Chris will be getting married on May 15, 2010 in Southlake, TX and I can't wait. Here is a picture of the family.
Since then, I have been presented with an amazing opportunity that I simply cannot ignore. I was sent an e-mail by my global advisor in kinesiology about an internship in Florida with a company called International Internships, LLC (). I sent in a cover letter and resume and waited. I was called a few days later, had a phone interview and a couple of days later, I was offered the position. I will be working to contact interested students and give them information, advise students and help them with paperwork if they decide to go on an internship in one of the 14 countries where internships are available, help to recruit at study abroad fairs, and help with marketing strategies for the company since it is relatively new. I am very excited and am excited to get my foot in the door with an international company.
I am packing up my car and leaving for Port Charlotte, Florida on Monday. My mom is driving down with me and then flying back once I get situated (though I know it will be difficult for her to come back to Michigan after getting a taste of Florida in the winter). I feel that she may be visiting me frequently. Once I find a home (yes, that part is still up in the air), I encourage all visitors :-)
I will do my best to keep updated about my new life in Florida. This is a big change for me and I can't wait to see what life has in store for me!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Good thing flights are pretty cheap to Florida!!! You will be missed here though!!!