Saturday, January 23, 2010

Finally bought a new computer!

So I am ecstatic right now because I am writing this blog post on my brand new Dell Inspiron 15 laptop. My old computer had just seen better days (it got me through 4 1/2 years of college though). I had received money for graduation (so thank you for all who donated to my new computer fund) and decided to put it to good use. I don't really want to move to Florida with an unreliable computer. It has a built-in webcam so I can skype and video chat.
I went to Ann Arbor yesterday to say goodbye to my friends who are still there. It was bittersweet but I was able to see most everyone. It's hard to think that I am moving to a city where I do not know a single person. I am hoping that I can meet people through work or by going to a church down there. Time will tell.
I contacted a friend of my boss who owns a few homes in the Port Charlotte area and so I am hoping that something will work out with that. He is willing to rent me a room and so I am going to meet up with him when I get down there and see what we can work out price-wise. I guess I can't really use the excuse that I am a poor college student anymore. I guess now I'm just a poor graduate. It's all relative.
The nerves are starting to kick in but I'm sure the excitement will quickly return as soon as I see some sunshine and feel the warmth of Florida!
Until next time...

No comments: