Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Home Sweet Home (for now, at least!)




Hello again from sunny Florida! Mom and I woke up this morning and after our complimentary breakfast at the Hampton Inn and a good rinse for the car (it was filthy from our 1400 mile adventure), we met up with the man who owns a house in the area to check things out. It's in a neighborhood that looks pretty quiet (and is right on a golf course). The guy who owns it, Jim, is hilarious. He's quite the jokester and mom and I enjoyed talking to him. He's a pilot and suggested we come fly with him!! I think I just might take advantage of that! He gives lessons and I have always wanted to be a pilot....new career option?!? I have good news and bad news, however. He is putting the house up for sale once he makes some last-minute fixes and hopes to have it on the market by March 1st. So this living situation may be temporary but I really can't beat the price. Now for the good news......there was a zero-turn lawn mower in the garage!!!! For those of you who may not know, I really have an unhealthy obsession with zero-turn lawn mowers. Ever since I worked for the City of Adrian, I have dreamed of owning my own one day. I told him that he would never have to mow the lawn at this house again because he could include that duty in the price of rent! Yay.
After that, mom and I decided to take a little overnight trip to Siesta Key. We have been here before when we were in Longboat Key for spring break a few years ago and had some places we wanted to revisit. We had a cocktail at a place called Daiquiri Deck and then went for a nice walk on the beach. It was beautiful. We are planning on going to the Broken Egg Cafe for breakfast tomorrow (a favorite place of Dick Vitale when he's in town) and I might hit the beach for a while (to take care of that little ghost problem I have).

The pictures above show mom washing the car, my new humble abode, and mom and I on our walk on the beach! Enjoy

No comments: