Tuesday, June 10, 2008

PRAGUE!!!

I am writing this blog entry on my flight from Paris CDG to Malaga (obviously I posted it when I got home). There must be 5 or 6 babies on the flight and so there is a constant chorus of screams and cries – not exactly the most relaxing flight of my life but that’s why I have an i-pod. My journeys to Prague and back have both been very long travel days but very worth-while. I decided to do a weekend in Prague to visit my cousin Sarah (she currently teaches English in Prague). We had an awesome time together. I got in on Friday night and we went to her flat and decided to make dinner for ourselves. We made delicious chicken fajitas (it was a welcome relief to have some Mexican food!!!) Saturday we spent the entire day being very touristy and seeing as many things as we could. We saw the Charles Bridge, the astronomical clock (and we saw it strike noon), the Prague castle and cathedral (complete with breathtaking stained glass windows), the Jewish quarter of the city, and many other little treasures. It was a sunny and beautiful day for touring. We spent about 8 hours walking around. We had a late lunch (which I am used to in Spain) at Bohemia Bagel. Yes, that’s right – I had my first bagel since December of ’07 and it was D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S. Another plus – bottomless refills on fountain pop! I also have not had a refill on a drink since before coming to Spain. My how I can delight in the small things in life = ) Saturday night, we went out for a night on the town. We went to an 80’s/90’s themed club and it was soooo much fun! We danced the night away. Sunday, we spent some quality cousin-bonding time together. We had a picnic in the local park near Sarah’s flat. Unfortunately, immediately after finishing our lunch, it started raining and we were forced indoors (where it quickly turned into the perfect afternoon for a nap!) W went to dinner near Sarah’s flat at an Italian place that was very good but very filling. Afterward, we met one of Sarah’s friends Laura for a movie. We saw Penelope (I had not heard of it but it was very cute). We got up very early this morning for Sarah to get ready and off to work and so I could get to the airport to head out. It was the perfect weekend get-away! Only 1 ½ weeks in Granada, then to London for 4 days, Granada for 4 more and then I will be headed for the United States of America!

Until next time,

Em

No comments: