Wednesday, December 15, 2010

CHAPERON

After being the student for 19 years, I was finally gifted with the opportunity to be the all-powerful CHAPERON on a class field trip! YAY!!! This may seem like such a simple and meaningless gesture but for me, it only solidifies my position as a teacher and an authority figure in the school. Now, there was a downside to this adventure...I normally wake up for school around 9ish (hitting the snooze a few times here and there) but today I had to wake up at 7:45!! It has been so long since I have woken up that early. I was the first person out of the piso today and all of my roommates commented that it was so unusual.
Anywho, the trip was a tour of the town to see the history of Motril. It wasn't all that thrilling because as my bilingual coordinator explained to me, the people of Motril did not do a great job of preserving the history and the buildings. We made a route of things that "used to be." It was still fun and I will share some pictures with you from our adventure.

The kids had maps and had to mark each point where we stopped to talk. I believe this was point #2.


The Spaniards celebrate the coming of the Three Wise Men on January 6th and have big parades. We stopped into a cultural center where there was a big display dedicated to the celebration of the Three Wise Men. Here I am with the costumes.


Here is a self-timed portrait of the entire group....yes, I am the jolly-green-giant on the right :-)


One of the highlights for the kids (and for these children, too) may have been when we stood right by the window for a daycare as one of the stops and children in the daycare would not stop banging on the windows (I even saw some licking the windows....oh kids do the darndest things!)


This is a random picture but it just killed me to see a grand piano all covered up during the holiday season when I want nothing more than to be sitting at a piano and playing and belting out Christmas Carols!!


Here are all the kiddies lined up like duckies!


Here is Antonio (my bilingual coordinator) explaining to the kids about the old Arabic water system.


I have been doing Christmas things with the kids all week but am going to wait until next week to do a post about it. I have to gather some more blogging resources!!!

No comments: