Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The arrival of the coveted package

Well, Tad says that I keep spitting out blog posts like it’s my job (and they are all quite random but would you expect anything less of Emily?) and quite frankly, it could be my job since I only work 9 hours per week and am bored out of my mind the other 159 hours. Though, I am working on that problem – I have printed my flyer for private classes and posted a couple today around the school and will post more tomorrow when I find myself some tape. I got my package from my mom today for my birthday and it was like Christmas morning! Here is the unopened package in all it's glory It is so nice to get little things from home (even though I have only been gone for a month, it is possible to miss things like goldfish and sugar babies!!!) Everyone should be jealous of my” American drawer” which now has a home in my room (ok maybe everyone reading this in America is not jealous but I showed my roommate Tad and he was definitely jealous). My mother is amazing and sent me macaroni and cheese! My roommate Michael Lynn has searched feverishly for mac and cheese here in Spain with no success and now I have a coveted box. She told me to make sure she was nowhere near when I eat it because she just couldn’t handle it. Here are my birthday cards I also took a picture of the gift my landlady gave me….the picture just doesn’t do it justice…… I brought along some extra pictures and they didn’t really have a home so I made this little collage on my wall today. I used sticky tack and I hope my landlady doesn’t mind
Also, here is a video I took of Granada from the main lookout point at the Alhambra.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

LOL!!!! I will send some mac and cheese to Tad and to all of you. what else? Chocolate chips? Peanut butter? Let me know.