Monday, February 4, 2008

Boring Week

I apologize for not writing sooner but it has been a pretty uneventful week and weekend. I will fill you in on a few of the more exciting events.
I began reading A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. I have read it in English and now am attempting to read it in Spanish. It is difficult but a welcomed challenge because I am looking up the words that I don´t know and am learning new vocabulary everyday. I love to sit in one of the many parks in Granada and read for a while. I find it very relaxing and a good way to spend a few hours.
My friend Patrick and I decided to give the Cathedral another try this past Sunday. We went to the service at 12. It was interesting...very cold inside the cathedral. I picked up a lot of the sermon but the scripture readings were a little confusing. We said the Apostles Creed and the Lord´s Prayer - both of which were very interesting to hear in Spanish. It was so strange to hear something that I have known for most of my life in another language.
We have a break starting on Thursday (the 7th of February). My friend Liz and I are going to Barcelona for a few days (8th-11th) and then we are flying to Madrid (on the 11th). We have no plans beyond that. We will probably stay in Madrid for three or four days and then possibly go to Valencia or to Malaga to spend some time soaking up the sun on the beach!
I am sorry I don´t have anything too exciting to say. I am sure I will have lots of things to say after returning from my trip! I hope everyone is doing well!
Hugs from Granada!
Em

No comments: